Trip to Marrakech: On the Road to Zagora Desert


One of my biggest dream is to go on a desert tour, like Carrie and her friends did in Sex & The City 2. Well, they did it in Abu Dhabi though, with a private tour and a luxe service. And me...I did it in Morocco when it's 40 degrees Celcius, with a non-air-conditioned minibus carried around 13 people in it, and drove through Atlas Mountains for about 10 hours. For me it takes so much effort to get there, but it's worth it ;)
Actually I wanted to visit Sahara Desert but I didn't have enough time because it's so far far away from Marrakech. So I went to a desert named Zagora with a local tour, it's the nearest desert from Marrakech. But that's okay though, I just want to see a desert and camels in their natural habitat, not to see a Sahara Desert specifically.





On the road to Zagora Desert, we made some quick stops, in Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou and Ourzazate. Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou is a building (obviously! I don't know what kind of building it is exactly lol) where many of Hollywood movies were filmed, some of them are The Mummy (1999) and Prince of Persia (2010).
We went inside the complex, and the tour guide led us to go to the top of the building. It was in the middle of Ramadan, I and my friend were very tired and decided not to go to the top. We met two girls from Birmingham (they were tired as well :p), we're in the same group, we talked a lot about our trip in Morocco while waiting for the rest of the group to come back from the top. The other stop that we made is Ouarzazate. There was a Musée du Cinema but we just took a photo from the outside. 
We enjoyed this road trip and couldn't wait to get to the desert! :D
















0 comments:

Post a Comment